DL06 Compile error

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Can anyone explain this? it was fine until I added X0 and tried to accept it...the error is listed below

error.gif

Its Common problem with AD.

Do not build complected rungs and it will work.
Delete X0
Instead of Y5 put C13.
then next rung
Ld c13
and not x0
out y5

I hope I helped with somthig.

It's not that you have that complex a rung. Most ladder implementations have an internal command (usually not seen by the programmer) which saves the status of the rung for retreival later.

In your rung this would have been just before the AND of NOT X0. It would have been some sort of PUSH of the currnt status of the rung onto the logic stack. After the OUT of Y5 the execution would have retreived the saved status (POP), ANDED it with X4 NOT and performed the OUT C11.

AD does not have this feature at the output point. The status before the AND of NOT X0 is lost. It can't be used to start the AND witn NOT X4. The name "AND Above a JOIN" is a little misleading but that's the reason.

bernie_carlton said:
It's not that you have that complex a rung. Most ladder implementations have an internal command (usually not seen by the programmer) which saves the status of the rung for retreival later.

In your rung this would have been just before the AND of NOT X0. It would have been some sort of PUSH of the currnt status of the rung onto the logic stack. After the OUT of Y5 the execution would have retreived the saved status (POP), ANDED it with X4 NOT and performed the OUT C11.

AD does not have this feature at the output point. The status before the AND of NOT X0 is lost. It can't be used to start the AND witn NOT X4. The name "AND Above a JOIN" is a little misleading but that's the reason.

I was wonder why it would not let me do that. I have done it alot on AB's but the AD gave me the same error or something simailar with the join being in the error.
Basically I found I can only branch outputs if I do not add a condition on the branch.

Now I know why...Thanks