AB 1500 micro fault! help please!

darrentpi

Hi I just installed a 1500, and added two expandable units, one input, plus one output. This system has to be up and running, by tomarrow night! The problem is It won't allow me to go into run mode, to test the program, because it goes into a fault! Here is the the fault message:
80h The required expansion I/o terminator is missing!
How do I gclear this, or am I missing a part?
Please help
Thanks
Darren

I pulled off or pealed of a sticker, then plugged them in consecutivly, but do i need to plug the last module, kinda like installing a end of the line risitor?

Missing a part.

It's because the required expansion terminator is missing.

MicroLogix 1500 I/O bases run just fine by themselves. But the 1769 expansion I/O bus requires a little array of termination resistors on the far end. They're encased in an end cap, usually the 1769-ECR (for End Cap, Right).

Get yourself a 1769-ECR and you'll be all set.

Thsnks guys, thanks for helping me out! I much appreciate it, Ill sorce that part, for Sunday, how I don't know, but Ill figure it out.

Darren

Therein lies the power of local distribution. It's Saturday night and I could get a 1769-ECR from my A-B dealer in about 2 hours, because somebody from the warehouse is always wearing a pager.

Where are you ?

Ken Roach said:
Therein lies the power of local distribution. It's Saturday night and I could get a 1769-ECR from my A-B dealer in about 2 hours, because somebody from the warehouse is always wearing a pager.

Where are you ?

Definetely.
I've been in a situation like the OP, & my local guy came down on Saturday bout 7 & an extra $60 for off hours call got me the ECR. No big deal.

That being said, the OP might be a million miles from home or the local distributor might be a couple days away from the part, hence the E-Bay option.

I live i B.C. Vancouver canada, that may be a problem, If there is a way there is a will. You could call me at (604) 8356187 If you think we could work something out?
My name is Darren
Thanks

We could meet at the border; I'm only about 100 miles south. But I'm troubleshooting a redundant ControlLogix generator control system this rainy Sunday.

Your best bet is to call one of the several Westburne Electric stores in the greater Vancouver area that stock Allen-Bradley hardware. They are one of the better distributors I've worked with. You probably bought your hardware there to begin with.

http://www.automationwestburnebc.com/