Central Heating system using PLC5/20

bist

Alright. I'm no PLC programmer and I have no knowledge whatever on PLC programming.

A while ago I made a post about how to make a normal flip flop function. You guys were great. You helped without any noob stuff thrown to my head. REally liked it and thanks again.

Now, you guessed it. I have another problem. I'm using a PLC5/20 to run my home automation. So I use it at home to do all kind of cool stuff. I'm learning this so bare with me ;-)

What I need it the following. I want my central heating boiler to run every 4 hours for 1 hour. I've been messing around with timers and stuff but I can't seem to figure it out.

Any of you guys can give me a hint. Not to complicated because i'm a noob.

So what I need it after 4 hours my central heating system should switch on and run for 1 hour. Then we should wait again for another 4 hours and then again he should we switched on for 1 hour. etc.....

I'm using a normal "energized output" to control a relais which will switch on the power to the heating system. So I need to control that output.

mmmmm I'm dying to see what you guys have in mind.

Thanks in advance

Bist

Oh my God. That's great, It works superb. Thanks a million man. This is so cool..

Now I understand, I was using the wrong input ports. So easy really. Thanks again

my god a plc5 to run a central heating system, you could by a couple of configurable timers the ones with the pegs & do the same thing.

parky said:
...you could by a couple of configurable timers the ones with the pegs & do the same thing....

Parky,

How much fun would that of been?...just think at 2am when the processors faults out and his wife is telling him to get out of bed and fix the damn thing...he would miss out on all that fun :D

A plc PLC5/20 ???????? WOW.... what else does this PLC control??? besides the boiler..

I have just installed a PLC5/30 to control an automatic Liquid Oxygen, Argon and Nitrogen Truck fill system.. and I thought it was an over kill....hehehe

I should be selling PLCs to switch on boilers in the U.S.A.

I'm surprised more people don't use old plcs for home stuff (isn't that where old plcs go to retire). Personally I use a Modicon 612 to control my pool and yard lighting. Using the real time clock it automatically adjusts pump run times according to the month, next stage I will use it to control the solar heating (just need some cheap temperature probes). Also building a Visual Basic interface to monitor its operation.