Its monday

n8dc

Ok guys im begging here. I still cant seem to make my BSL work. Heres the deal im hooked up to my micrologix 1200 at my bench here.
Ive got inputs 0 to 3 hooked up.. 0 2 and 3 are n/o and 1 is n/c. Could some one please give me a bit shift left that i can put into the plc and watch it work? Hows come every once in a while it works but only one time then it quits? Does something need to be reset ? Ive got my outputs working also and i have 3 air cylinders and an air motor with a prox thats hooked to input 4 to tell me when the simulated rotary table is locked in.
Id really like to be able to make some sense of this today.
Tomorrow is the last day for me till after deer season.
TIA
Dave

jrwb4gbm said:

I tried that and i cant see any of the data move. the only things that go from off to on are the one shot bits. The bits in the bsl's just done seem to do anything at all . thats what ive been fighting with foir a week now. At least with automation direct i can move the bits and make em work . Just cant seem to make the a/b work

Can someone give me something that i can throw in the plc and watch it work ?
Dave

Last edited:
SOR XIC B3:2/2 ONS B9:0/0 BSL #B9:1 R6:0 B9:1/15 4 EOR

This is the best i can do.. Im trying to input a on state to the BSL ahift it 4 and then unload the bit. I set it ti /15 because thats what the help file said to do to make it continuos . Ok so it goes to 1 all the way to 15 . it unloads at 5 so how does one set it all back to an off state after it counts? or at least after it gets to station 5 ?
Dave

scalelar said:
Use a "Bit Address" that is not in the range of the "File" in the BSL.

Sorry im lost.. I cant help but thinking that A/b isnt learnable for me. Sure i can input data and make things cycle with timers but these shift and move commands are way over my head. Call me stupid but i just dont see it. I figured out the A/D shift command right away but at least they have manual with examples and good explaniations. I did have to add a timer for the input to the sr with the A/D stuff and im using a SR not a shift left or right. I got the rest of today and all tomorrow to keep trying different things and after that who knows.
Dave

Try this. It is currently working.

SOR XIC B3:3/0 XIO B3:1/2 XIC B3:1/9 OTL B3:2/0 EOR SOR XIC I:0.0/11 ONS B3:5/3 BST BSL #B3:10 R6:0 B3:2/0 36 NXB XIC B3:2/0 OTL B3:1/2 NXB OTU B3:2/0 BND EOR

Sorry I don't have a graphic way to show this.

Regards

scalelar said:
Try this. It is currently working.

SOR XIC B3:3/0 XIO B3:1/2 XIC B3:1/9 OTL B3:2/0 EOR SOR XIC I:0.0/11 ONS B3:5/3 BST BSL #B3:10 R6:0 B3:2/0 36 NXB XIC B3:2/0 OTL B3:1/2 NXB OTU B3:2/0 BND EOR

Sorry I don't have a graphic way to show this.

Regards

Ahhhh sweet .. thats what ive been trying to pull off and now ill ponder the logic and see if im smart enuff to figure this out. i really appreciate this. I guess the next thing is to be able to do something like it with move commands. we have 1 A/B 1200 here in the plant and it was programmed while i was out on medical and ill be dammed if i can figure out how to do this with move commands but the guy the had from outside did it and its working?
again Thank you
Dave

Take a look at this: http://www.patchn.com/plc_adv_func.pdf

This is the whole book: http://www.patchn.com/plcbook.htm

The above example will look like this:
bslml.jpg

rsdoran said:
Take a look at this: http://www.patchn.com/plc_adv_func.pdf

This is the whole book: http://www.patchn.com/plcbook.htm

The above example will look like this:
bslml.jpg

Ok i will do that. Ive found while fooling around here that ive got another issue with the table prox . It seems my simulator the simulated rotary Table (air motor with cam for prox) wants to rotate 2 times before the table prox stops the table in lock position. I tried setting it up as i would the table in automation/direct style programming and its not working right.
Im still fooling with that. But the shift left is working just like i need it so far. Im hoping i can solve a couple more issues tomorrow but ive got some work that needs to be done on the plant floor before I leave tomorrow.
Dave

Just before I left for vacation tuesday I tried some new things and low and behold it looks like its gonna work. I can watch the bits shift left by using the table prox to shift them and it seems to work as i had hoped. Ill post my findings after vacation. Im off till dec 4th. Im still gonna need some guidance when i get into the move commands. A big thank you to all that have helped me. Its really appreciated and if you were closer id buy the drinks. Prolly dinner too..
Hunting is good and were filling the freezer.
Dave

I looked at the calander today and I was amazed at how much more time I have off. I could work on my progrraming project at home if only a/b would let us run rslogix 500 on more than one puker without having to spend 1200 bux.. Oh well looks like its gonna have to wait. Im sure not gonna go back to work right now LOL..
Dave