Art. 409.110: Markings - What do you do?

Charles1

Hi,

In the NEC code, article 409.110 for industrial control panels marking, it states you must have your name, trademark, etc. "plainly visible after installation". Does this mean on the outside of the enclosure? If so, does that mean when I do a panel for an OEM, there should be their nameplate and mine? What do you guys do? Or what is your interpretation of this.

Thanks,
C

I work for an OEM, and we expect our suppliers to provide us with the marking on the OUTSIDE of the enclosure. I'm not entirely sure if this is in accordance with the code or just our company spec.

However, we replace the panel builders nameplate with our own before shipping out, does that make any sense?
We always place our nameplate on the outside of the enclosure.