Seeking example code for voltage compare

bcoon

Hi,

I have a GE Series One with analog input module. I also have two temperature transmitters, Type-J to 0-10VDC or 4-20 mA. I have a need to compare these two analog signals and drive an output based on the difference. I am familiar with code based on descrete inputs and outputs but have never used the analog features.

So it should be fairly simple to perform a formula like V1 - V2 = dV and then compare dV < 50 deg F, if dV < 50 deg F then set coil xxx. if dV > 50 def F then reset coil xxx.

Trouble is; I have no idea how to program this. Can someone reference example code to get me started in the right direction?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Brian
[email protected]

The Series One manual is available for download here:

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?dlcategory=15

It contains example code for getting the data from the analog input module into registers as well as examples of the math instructions and the compare instruction.

Also, the Series One is the same product as the DL305 from Automation Direct. I'm sure there are examples in the DL305 manual which is available for download from the Automation Direct website.

http://web6.automationdirect.com/static/manuals/index.html#dl305