RSLogix DH-485 Node changing

MUITECstudent

Hello all:

Sean and I have almost completed our DH-485 project. A final question:

When you open a new MicroLogix 1000 PLC out of the box, it is set up for DF1 protocol. We know how to change it to DH-485 protocol using a handheld programmer. How do you change it using RSLogix? Basically, that is the final piece of the puzzle. We need to be able to plug the PLC into the PC, and switch it over to DH-485. Also, we need to be able to change the node value. How do you do this?

many thanks:

Teo & Sean
Millersville ITEC students.

In the RSLogix 500 Controller Organizer, there is an icon labelled "Communication Configuration".

Click on it and you'll get a dialog box that has fields for selecting the Primary Protocol (that the MicroLogix uses when it boots up) and setting the node number.

primary_protocol.GIF

When you load your program into the MicroLogix, it will accept these changes. The software will even warn you that accepting those changes will disconnect you from your current communication method.