Wall Clock Time

rPraveenkum

I have noticed that through ver 10 to 15 the below Anomalies is repeating anyone noticed or tested?

Wall Clock Time Beyond January 17, 2038 Causes RSLogix 5000 to Crash

A Wall Clock Time in the controller beyond January 17, 2038 will cause RSLogix 5000 to crash. The Wall Clock Time may be set via an SSV instruction or on the Controller Properties dialog Date/Time tab. If the Wall Clock Time is inadvertently set to an invalid value or rolls over from an earlier valid value with the Date/time properties displayed, the RSLogix 5000 software will crash. (17457, 17464)

Yes, this is a known abnormality. Look in the release notes. If you don't have them Mickey will be around in a while with a link :)

Most PLCs and PCs currently manufacturered currently have this problem. It is the point when the 32 bit clock from 1-1-1972 hits its highest possible number

TWControls said:
Yes, this is a known abnormality. Look in the release notes. If you don't have them Mickey will be around in a while with a link :)

Most PLCs and PCs currently manufacturered currently have this problem. It is the point when the 32 bit clock from 1-1-1972 hits its highest possible number

Does Siemens have the same problem in Step 7 ?

The Siemens DATE_AND_TIME format runs from Jan. 1st 1990 till midnight on 31st December 2089.

I reckon that should be OK for any Step7 system installed over the next decade or so! :)

rPraveenkum said:
I have noticed that through ver 10 to 15 the below Anomalies is repeating anyone noticed or tested?

Wall Clock Time Beyond January 17, 2038 Causes RSLogix 5000 to Crash

A Wall Clock Time in the controller beyond January 17, 2038 will cause RSLogix 5000 to crash. The Wall Clock Time may be set via an SSV instruction or on the Controller Properties dialog Date/Time tab. If the Wall Clock Time is inadvertently set to an invalid value or rolls over from an earlier valid value with the Date/time properties displayed, the RSLogix 5000 software will crash. (17457, 17464)

TW, The above is quoted form the release notes.

Praveenkum,
You have way to much time on your hands, my subjection
would be on Jan. 16 2038 upgrade the processor.

Seeing that Rockwell in the next relaese will have a data type of a LINT (long integer of 64 bits) then I think that in the next 32 years they may actually have a fix for this.
Regards Alan Case