Mitsubishi/GX Developer question

Potter

This is a problem I’ve encountered numerous times but have never been able to cure, so I just thought I’d see if any of the Mitsubishi experts here know how to get round this.

After going online and monitoring a program using GX Developer, if I disconnect the PLC from the laptop without first going offline I then can’t modify the program. If I try to make any changes I get a message saying:
“Cannot communicate with the PLC. Execute again after checking the connections with the PLC.”
It seems it still expects to be online and nothing I try gets it back to offline mode. I’ve tried re booting the laptop but this has no effect.

I realise the obvious answer is to make sure I go offline before I disconnect, but I don’t always remember to do this.

Anyone come across this or have any suggestions.

Sorry but where do I even find the list of topics ? Can you do me a walkthrough from the home page please. I have a question about the Alarms screen on an E1101 Beijers screen that I am using E-Designer 7 to program it with in conjunction with a FX3U PLC.

Goody

Goody ure a star,
ive had this problem for months. we have various sparkys using the workshop laptops. All the files are located on a network.
I couldnt understand why this was happening. Topman