Active Bus for CPU 318-2DP

Greet

Hello,
We would like to replace the normal rack of our PLC to an active bus rack. We have a CPU-318-2Dp and some digital and some analog cards.

We tried to change the rack, but the problem is that the CPU doesn't recognize the cards anymore (the profibus-network is no problem)?? If we change the CPU in a 317-2DP, it works fine. Is there a difference between the bus-system in a CPU 317-2DP and a CPU 318-2DP?

What is the solution to use an active bus for CPU 318-2DP?

Thanx,
Greet

I've never worked with a 318 so I'm guessing here, but...

the 318 is actually a 400 Series CPU, so I would guess it probably has the 400 Series backplane busses as well. This could mean that it is not compatible with the standard 300 Series active Buss rack.

Probably the quickest answer will come from your local Siemens sales office.

Greetings Greet :)

The active backplane rack is only intended to be used in ET200M stations (with modules from the S7-300 range).

You cannot place an S7-300 CPU in the rack.
However, you can install a Profibus adapter in the ET200M rack and then connect to the 318 CPU via Profibus DP.