Omron Serial Port

betamax6

Can anybody explain how to use the serial port of Omron's CPM2A PLC. Can it be used to connect to a PC and transfer/receive serial data? If so, how? What are the commands to receive, process, and transfer data? Thanks.

What are you using in the PC? If a SCADA system, they usually have drivers to extract the data they require.

You can also use OPC, OBDC, DDE etc.

If you want cost-effective solution, use PC to read and write serial port using hostlink command. The program from PC maybe a little bit complicated.
If you want easier solution, buy FinsGateWay+Compolet software from OMRON and use high level language like (VB,C++,C#) to transfer the data.

hi have you come to know how to use the serial port in omran plc, i have tried RXD TXD commands but there was an error while using the rxd or txd command, send me the sample ladder program if you know how to send and receive the data using omran plc

thanks
Raguraman