Allen Bradley 1747-uic

PERSPOLIS

HI EVERYONE: help help help

I did configure RSLINX AB_DF-1 and followed the instruction manual for 1747-UIC. Cable 1747-CP3 connected to slc processor and UIC ports RS232 and little black switch set to RS232 port
but the slc processor not visible on RSLINX.

I have some question in reference to AB tech notes:
1 the processor port must be configured for DH485 and not DF1.

2 Avoid duplicate node addresses. For instance, make sure that the processor node address is not set to the default node of RSLinx, which is 0. Thanks

Last edited:
The processor's serial port is set to DF1 by default. The UIC is DH-485. There is a protocol mismatch in your setup. The cable is correct buy you need to use a standard serial port for communicatin to a out-of-box processor. Some USB-to-Serial port adapters do work.

depending on the processor model, you can change the comm to either dh485 or df1. You actually have to get online with the processor for that. If the UIC isn't connecting, use a serial cable to link to the processor, then change the setting to df1 & try the UIC again.

did u check the baud rate of your COM on computer??...if you read 1747-UIC manual it clearly details how to connect to different PLCs using UIC and CP3 cables.