sfc

macedo

M
what do you think about sfc (sequential function chart) programming. It is really usefull. I'm thinking of doing my next job, witch as some complexity (about 400 binary I/O, and 14 conveyors) in this optional IEC language.

you means SFC Mitsi?

What can I do for you?
SFC..Yes..I agreed with you about complex. circuit..
However,sometime go to play at the ground with a simple ladder
(in some case)you can win too.

platootod
:D

What can SFC do?

Well, I found it was easier to write sequences using SFC.
It was also easier to trouble shoot, just bring up the SFC and see where it was stuck.
You still have to carefully plan your sequence, but overall it I had it available, I would use it.

Hope this helps,

Doug

Why do you need to obtain an optional package? You can draw up your sequence in an SFC kind of way and then translate it to simpel ladder logic. I've done it for years even when no PLC manufacturere ever thinked about providing an SFC package. All you need are flipflops, and-functions and or-functions. Once you get the hang of it it's quite easy. I use it on Siemens S5, S7-200, S7-300, Omron CQM1, Allen-Bradley SLC500 and CompactLogix. And as far as I know only S5 and S7-200 come with an SFC package! Search the web for Grafcet and you'll find the basics behind SFC.

Kind regards,

Jean Pierre Vandecandelaere