Seimens PLC S7-200

I am facing problem to communicate My PC with PLC S7-200. I have STEP 7-MicroWIN V4 SP3 software on my computer and PPI multimaster cable to connect with PLC. PLC-7-200 and HMI S7 TD200 are connected in my system. Uploading the blocks are successfuly completed but force in ,force out, Edit the ladder and all other on line facilities are not accessable. Moreover I am unable to see any indication from where I can ensure that I am online. Sorry for these basic questions. Actualy I have worked on Allen bradely PLC-3 and SLC-500. I have no idea about seimens PLC.

Hi Zafar,

It can be a little odd when first using Siemens after using only AB (i went through the same pain..!!) - If you look at the attached picture, it will hopefully give you at least a place to start!

If you click the button to the right of the STOP programme (Programme Status) - your ladder should turn 'blue' indicating you are now 'online'.

To force or write values to instructions, you need to right click on the actual address not the contact icon (took me a while to realise that!) - then an optiuon menu appears.

To perform online edits, you need to be connected and hit the DEBUG menu option at the top of the screen, the 'Program Edit In RUN' (it then prompts you to upload, then warns you of the dangers of performing edits whils running). When you have edited your ladder, just hit the 'Download' button and it should verify and continue to run uninterrupted....:nodi:

Hope this helps! (y)

Regards,

Rob

(oops, forgot the picture!!)

S7200_Online1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Rob

This is Zafar with you. Thank you very much for your quick and excellent answer. You teach and guide me with a very excellent way to connect the PC with S7-200(online monitoring and configuration). I was Allen Bradley and Omron PLC's user. Now I am really feel very comfortable to work with Siemens PLC S7-200. I will call you again for help if needed. Again thank you very.

www.plctalk.net is an excellent site to learn more and more. I will say thanks to builder of this site.

Regards
Zafar

online monitoring

Dear all
Its first time for me to use siemens PLC, can you tech me how to do on line monitoring in run position. because if switch mode in run position PC cannot communicate with PLC.
what is function of Term position?
Tangkyou verymuch
Best regard