Toshiba EX100 programming cable

AndrewB

Hi
I'm having a bit of trouble finding a programmming cable for a toshiba EX100. None left with toshiba according to our suppliers.

Can anyone help me out??? (please)

Andrew

we have a the software and the program....

but alas, no lead or dongle. and yes it does have a rectangular "proprietry" socket :(

I have a lead somewhere in my store of a thousand PLC leads.

I dont think there is anything special about the lead, connection wise (no convertor or electronics) but I long since lost the dongle. (I lent it to someone and never saw it or them again)

I will try dig out the lead and bell it out for you.

As to the software without dongle, I did manage a few times to alter programs by swapping versions.

One version will allow you to download a program without dongle and another version will allow an upload without dongle - but neither will do both.

To be honest - its probably time for an upgrade.

The software - plc and dongle have long since stopped been supported

yeah we are aware we need to upgrade... We need the program to work out a control strategy...

Problem is we only have the very first revision of the plc program and the contractor who has done changes to it is not being so cooperative. The guy who got all the changes done to it is no longer with us and we appear to have no documentation :(

Goody said:
As to the software without dongle, I did manage a few times to alter programs by swapping versions.

One version will allow you to download a program without dongle and another version will allow an upload without dongle - but neither will do both.........
Here is a link to the two programs Goody mentioned:
http://www.toshiba.com/ind/downloads_main.jsp

Select> PLCs>Legacy> Setup Software> Apply Filter.
Download:
EXPDD250-V2 Software and EXPDD250-V3 Software for EX100

Mr. Bill Looking for a Cable.

Yes, According To Toshiba Tech Support, the "Cable" from the EX100 PLC to the programming lap top is EX25GP232A-TIC2.

This is an RS-232 to Current Loop conversion cable.

I am in bad need of one. We have several of the EX100's out in the field. In order to support them, I need one of these cables.
Toshiba says they obsoleted them a while ago.

Can anyone help?

Yes, According To Toshiba Tech Support, the "Cable" from the EX100 PLC to the programming lap top is EX25GP232A-TIC2.

This is an RS-232 to Current Loop conversion cable.

I am in bad need of one. We have several of the EX100's out in the field. In order to support them, I need one of these cables.
Toshiba says they obsoleted them a while ago.

Can anyone help?
Welcome to the forum!
See this thread in the link below, read it completely before doing anything, then go to post #18 for a schematic on how to build one. There are no suppliers of this converter. Other posts in the thread may have a parts list. If you need more help, please come back and post. If you are not a builder then maybe you can find someone to build it for you. I have more info available if needed.
link:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=69165
link to post #18:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showpost.php?p=468555&postcount=18