User event log in RSViewME

flyers

Hi,

Does anyone knows if RSViewME (running in PV+) can do user event log? Like at what time and date the operator press a start button and when he/she press the motor stop button.

I know PV+ can do system event log (when proj started or stop) only.

Thanks.

Well, there is no "Event Log" per se, but there are probably a couple of way to do this.

One would be to set up an alarm screen for your Events, then have all Event items displayed there.

Another might be to use the "Diagnostlcs List." I've never used it; sounds like it is more for monitoring the host PC (or PanelView Plus) than for monitoring process events, but the part about "command and macro useage" implies that you could jigger something up using macros tied to your process events. Maybe <g>.

Logging information about system activity, which was previously done by the RSView Activity Log subsystem, is now performed by the FactoryTalk Diagnostics system. FactoryTalk Diagnostics continually records information about system activity for the local computer such as command and macro usage, operator comments, subsystem-related warnings and errors, and communication errors.

I know that using the Alarm function will work; I've set up systems using multiple separate alarm screens. It's not too hard to do.

Paul T said:
Well, there is no "Event Log" per se, but there are probably a couple of way to do this.

One would be to set up an alarm screen for your Events, then have all Event items displayed there.

Another might be to use the "Diagnostlcs List." I've never used it; sounds like it is more for monitoring the host PC (or PanelView Plus) than for monitoring process events, but the part about "command and macro useage" implies that you could jigger something up using macros tied to your process events. Maybe <g>.

I know that using the Alarm function will work; I've set up systems using multiple separate alarm screens. It's not too hard to do.

Hi,

Thanks a lot, sounds possible, okay, i'll try it out.