rs linx uninstall

steve a

hi all cannot install new rslinx. it runs uninstall rslinx because it sees an old version with the uninstall sheild. it then says there is a missing "deilsl.is" but there are none on pc i have searched. i am trying to install 2.5 i am running xp home thanks

Hit CTRL ALT Delete and look to see if RSLinx is listed anywhere in your process list in task manager. If so shut it down and attempt to install RSLinx

Marc

I had a problem with rslinx install. It had to do with a firewall setting on my PC that prevented a feature for RSsecurity or someother from completing. I had to have tech support show me what exe. file was running that needed to be shut-down in order for linx to completly install.

steve a said:
hi all cannot install new rslinx. it runs uninstall rslinx because it sees an old version with the uninstall sheild. it then says there is a missing "deilsl.is" but there are none on pc i have searched. i am trying to install 2.5 i am running xp home thanks

Seems to be you have Deleted the Rslinx folder in Program files insteed of Uninstalling it. First repair the rslinx using the existing version & try to uninstall & Install new version

regedit

If all the other suggestions don't work, start up regedit, search for and delete all entries containing "rslinx", then try again.

I've had to do this a couple of times when the uninstall fails to complete.

hi all thanks for advice i have tried to restor to erlier date but to no avail cannot find any trace of linx any were (deleted only ref in reg edit) but it still says there is a previous version installed it there must be a .dll or some marker if any body any idea