RSView Files

Hello,

I am having trouble getting Studio HMI projects to show up in the "open application" window of RSView Studio. I had two applications that worked fine on one laptop, I flashed them and loaded them into the same HMI Projects folder of the new laptop that the other HMI projects were located in (ie Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\RsView Enterprise\ME\HMI Projects\). But when I open studio, they do not show up as in the window for applications I can open. Any tips/advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve G

The easiest way to move an application from one PC to another is to use the application manager. You would archive the project on your laptop. Then transfer that archive to your new PC and restore it. Unfortunately you can't just copy the HMI projcet folder and paste it into the HMI projects folder on your new machine. Hopefully that made sense.

Yes,

Use the Application Manager on the other computer and perform a "Backup Application". This will create a myapp.apa file. Of course, "myapp" will be replaced with the name of your application.

Then take that file to your other PC and run the Application Manager and perform a Restore Application.

If you already copied all the files and folders, you can try using the Import function in RSView Studio (not in the Application Manager). When you open RSView Studio it presents a list of your existing applications. Click on the New tab and you will see an option to import.

Highly recommend using the Application Manager and Backup Restore instead though.

OG