Siemens S5 Programmer Question

504bloke

Lifetime Supporting Member
Can someone tell me the difference between these 4 programmers ?

6ES5-605-0UB12

6ES5 605-OUB11

6ES5-615-OUA11

6ES5-615-OUB11

And where i can get a manual on them ?

Dave,

Don't know much about the handhelds, I think the 'B' models are English and the 'A' models are German language.

Check your PM's

Kevin H

The 605's are one line handhelds. Typically the last digit in S5 part numbers are revision levels, so I'd guess that the 12 is newer than the 11.

The 615 are multiline handheld progammers, with build in e-prom/eeprom burners. They are one of the nicest handhelds I ever used - but they are still handhelds. No ladder or CSF - STL only. I'm not sure what the difference is between them.

Nope. It's an online only kinda thing. Well, you can transfer a block (one block, not the entire program) from the PLC (PC) to the Programmer (PG), but it doesn't store it while powered down. You could use it to transfer the program from the PLC to an EEPROM cartridge, however, and that would store the program whilst powered down.

kenschunk said:
Nope. It's an online only kinda thing. Well, you can transfer a block (one block, not the entire program) from the PLC (PC) to the Programmer (PG), but it doesn't store it while powered down. You could use it to transfer the program from the PLC to an EEPROM cartridge, however, and that would store the program whilst powered down.

What about from the handheld (615) with an eprom plugged in to the plc ?