Translation please

504bloke said:
I havent got a clue.

Thanks Dave...I knew I could count on my friends...

Its a holiday in the US, so I cant go to the office and ask my German friends...they got the holiday off:confused:

geniusintraining said:
German to English

deufra limitherm
deufra leo lef
Warenbahn-freigabe

Some things found Googling

LEO : Torque limit switch OPENING
LEF : Torque limit switch CLOSING
Deufra seems to be some actuator brand. I think it doesn't exist anymore but when looking on www.deufra.de you and up here.

Warenbahn-freigabe: Warenbahn can be translated to conveyer, freigabe litterally means "release".

Limitherm I don't know but to me it sounds as a thermal limit !?

Hallo Guys !

Warenbahn Freigabe means "Conveyor enable" I guess

A Limit Switch is a "Endschalter" in German.

A Proximity Switch is a "Initiator" or "Naeherungsschalter" in German.

I hope I can help.

If you want more, ask !

Regards

Bernd

BMLLER6758 said:
If you want more, ask !

Thanks Bernd....I will, sometimes even the German people here cant translate due to the technical terms, there is one more,

Strmerker

St(ö)rmerker is probably a Marker Bit used to indicate a fault - Störung is fault (or disturbance/disruption) in German. As Bernd mention Freigabe is an enable signal.

Try this Git, sometimes you have to break the words down to get a semblance of meaning. http://dict.leo.org

Example: Warenbahn freigabe
Waren is along the lines of "transport goods"
bahn is along the lines for "course", "track", "path" etc.
Combine these 2 and it means to transport goods along a path i.e. convey from point A to ....

duefra I have no idea, the above reply may add some thought to the terms though.

limitherm does not break down as a Germanic word, albeit may be used in some places. Thinking in English this term makes sense i.e. limit the heat or something along those lines, not sure it would have been done that way in a Germanic language.

This makes me think the company/engineer involved in the equipment was familiar with English (possibly sold to US or UK) and used a combination of company terms, local dialogue, and English combined.

NOTE: My German is inadequate for every day use but have been studying it for last 2 years, I definitely am no expert.

Thanks Ron,

After I started wiring them up last night at 10pm, I saw the Deufra name in the actuator it’s the company name, why would the manufacture of the machine put the one... not all of the part manufactures company name in front of the description? I have no idea... 'damper' thermal overload would have been just fine, this stuff is hard enough without the extras, but I guess they were just trying to give the best description they could.

Thanks again

and thanks for the leo link, my friend told me about that site, but I forgot the name, it looks better then the one’s that I used.

geniusintraining said:
why would the manufacture of the machine put the one... not all of the part manufactures company name in front of the description?

House addressing varies by language:
In the US, I live at 1212 Spring St.
I have lived at Rosenvägen 11 in Sweden, and Bismarck Str 12 in Germany.

Why does US English put the house number before the street name, while Swedish and German put the house number after the street name?

danw said:
House addressing varies by language:
In the US, I live at 1212 Spring St.
I have lived at Rosenvägen 11 in Sweden, and Bismarck Str 12 in Germany.

Why does US English put the house number before the street name, while Swedish and German put the house number after the street name?

Hi Dan,

You did not get it...I dont have a problem with as you have stated...but I have a problem with, them saying the house was built by JoeBlow (Deufra) at 1212 Spring St and its not really a problem I just did not understand it, being the electrican on the job and having the manufacture in the plc description does me no good, but thanks for the help

Addresses, to my way of thinking, start with the most specific element first (the person) and end up with the least specific. Thus -

Joe Blow (person)
1234 (building or house)
Spring Street (street)
Anytown (town)
etc

Now you could invert the entire sequence and start with the least specific date and work towards the most detailed. But the existing combination of street followed number seems inconsistent.

regards

Ken