How to calculate PLC5 program size when convert to CLX?

flyers

Hi guys,

Is there anywhere to calculate a redundant PLC-5 program size when converting them into CLX (redundant)?

1) In PLC 5 lets say I have a program 25000K words, but in CLX it's calculate in Bytes. Can we consider 1 Byte = 2 Words?

2) In CLX if we put in more descriptions & comments it'll not take up any CPU memory, as the description & comments will not be download into the CPU, right?

3) Does CLX support description & comments to be downloaded into the CPU, I know the old version does not support this. I think the OMRON has this features, which I think it's pretty good.

Thanks.

PhilipW said:
Allow about 10 times. If your existing PLC5 is 25k, then the CLX program will be at least 250k bytes.

You will find that with the CLX all the tag names and descriptions will live in in the CPU.

descriptions will not be in cpu!!!!

From my experience multiplier depends on onstructions used and in some cases can be as high as 60. I usually use 20-40 at least for estimate.

Easiest way - do conversion and see.

Ladder Descriptors will not stay in controller - offline file only

Hi guys,

So there is not fixed formulae or ratio for the conversion size.

I'm trying to convert the program, I uploaded from PLC5 CPU at site using RSLogix 5000 V13.03, but an error message prompt as attached:

Anyone can help?
Error.JPG

If I disable the "Include symbols & comments", error will be as follow:
Error2.JPG

Hi,

Thx, I managed to convert them into pc5 ;)

I'm trying to convery a PLC5/60 program abt 40KW into CLX L55 CPU.

Attached is the result.

1) So, from the estimation memory calculation given, the program required about 1.1MB, am I right?

2) If I want to run redundant CLX, then the memory has to be double = 1.1MB x 2 = 2.2MB, so supplying a 3MB memory CPU is good enough.

Memory_CLX.JPG

rPraveenkum said:
1756-L55 M14 is the standard Processor memory with 3.5 Mb try to use with this processor

Hi,

I'm sorry I think i made a mistake, looking at the attached picture (memory) after doing conversion, the RSLOgix 5000 does not shows the used memory capacity, it only shows the total memory capacity available, because the "Used" is showing "0".

Anyone can show me how to check or get the estimation for used memory?

Thank you. ;)

Hi guys,

I've click on the estimate button, but got a lot of errors inside, i think with error in the conversion program (285 errors), the RSLogix cannot calculate the memory.

Errors are from MSG, PCE, som indirect addressing error.

I think i'll have to solve it first.

If this is going to be redundancy system then you should stop estimates and get L63 controller.
Avoid using L55s beacuse they are slow and cost more that L6x of the same memory size.