CJ1W PRT21 DP SLAVE accessing

Alpha

Hi, everyone. We have a system has S7 300PLC as line drive controller and OMRON SYSMAC CJ1M PLC as process controller.I hope to combine 2 system together via profibus, 'cj1w prt21' is DP slave adpter for cj1m CPU.

In step7 hardware configration utility, I have installed omron gsd file and set 'cj1w prt21' as Profibus DP slave station with 16 words in/16 words out. The problem is how can i programing OMRON PLC and S7 300 PLC?

1 Simens side, I have accessed inverter via sfc14/15, similar?
2 Omron side, I have never use Omron PLC, how can i config hardware and progarming it?
THX!

Hello Alpha;

I have not programmed Omron PLCs up to now, but I can give you an idea of how Profibus has to be setup on "intelligent slaves".
The basic idea is simply to establish data exchange tables in each CPU.
The S7 Profibus data exchange is limited to the PLC's Input/ Output area. When you inserted the Omron GSD file and selected the amount of data (16 words in/16 words out) you were given addresses in the S7 memory range (IN addresses: 256..287; OUT addresses: 256..287, for example; look at HConfig setup for the Omron slave). Since Profibus addressing is viewed from the master's perspective, whatever you would write to QW256 would be the read in the Omron slave at the first dat in its exchange table; whatever you read at IW256 would be the integer value you write in the Omron's first output register.
What you have to do now is to find out how you reserve your data registers in the Omron PLC for the exchange with the Profibus master (others with experience in Omron programming may help you out here).
If your data consists of individual bytes or words or real values (not exceding 4 bytes in length) then you do not need to use SFCs to transfer the data to/from the master; just read and write the correct register. In the Omron, place the right data in the correct register to send to the master, read from the correct register to look at the data the master sends. Use SFCs 14/15 if the data you send is an array or a structure (for example, parameter data for a Siemens drive).
Hope others can helps you with the Omron side,
Daniel Chartier

I have not worked with Profibus.

Here is a link to the Omron manual for the module. This will be a special I/O module and addressing will depend on the setting of the rotary switches on the front.

CJ1W-PRT21 Manual

The latest version of CX-One (Omron Programming Software) version 2 includes CX-Profibus which should aid in setting up the system.

I hope this will help.

Last edited: