RSLinx Ethernet

jim767

Can someone give me a idea why I can't see a node in RSlinx. I have a CLX 1756-L61 with a ENBT connected to a hub with two nodes of 1734 point I/O with AENT's. System functions just fine to both nodes of point I/O but when I view the nodes from RSlinx, I see the L61, the ENBT, PV+, but only one AENT. Thanks

At this point nothing seems silly to me because its all new. The 1734-AENT is a adapter for point IO which allows the Ethernet comm to the remote area. Its physically located with the remote IO for Control of it and configuration. I normally had this set for IP addresses like 192.168.1.96 and 95 and used the thumbwheel on it to set the last digits according to the manual which it evidently already uses the 192,168.1. My problem occurred when it was decided to connect the hub into our company network and had to set new IP addresses to something like 10.1.4... Still not clear on thsi or how it was done totally. It seemed that all IO was set in the same manner. My coworker can see all of them, just not me.

I tried pinging 10.1.4.248 which is the AENT not showing. I do not get a reply. My coworker can ping it OK.

CLX is 10.1.220.1
ENBT 10.1.4.250
PV+ 10.1.4.249
AENT#1 10.1.4.248
AENT#2 10.1.4.247

On our networks here we only change the last number of the set
the rest are all common. Try changing the 2 to a 4 and see what
happens.

Make certain if you change the mask that all devices have this change. Otherwise changing your PC mask will allow you to see them, but their masks can override that and deny you.

OG

For those AENT's you might need to add the IP addresses manually in RSLinx (as you would to see a PowerFlex drive through RSLinx). This might not be exactly correct, but close. Open RSLinx, drill down to the ENBT module. Right click on "ethernet" and it should give you the option to configure. There's a box there to add IP addresses. Next time you browse the network, it should scan those IPs.

Justin

run bootplt with their mac address and then sign ip address through bootplt. After you done bootplt try to ping them again.

JHarris said:
For those AENT's you might need to add the IP addresses manually in RSLinx (as you would to see a PowerFlex drive through RSLinx). This might not be exactly correct, but close. Open RSLinx, drill down to the ENBT module. Right click on "ethernet" and it should give you the option to configure. There's a box there to add IP addresses. Next time you browse the network, it should scan those IPs.

Justin
That would only apply if he was coming in from some other network connection (such as serial or controlNet) bridging across the backplane and then trying to go out the ENBT to get to the AENT modules. His PC is on ethernet so this would not be necessary.

Remember, he can't ping the devices. If you can't ping it, RSLinx and ethernet won't work.

However, what you describe may be necessary on his ethernet driver if he is using the "Ethernet Devices" option. But he has to get ping to work before even bothering with RSLinx.

OG

Thanks all. I ran bootp from a peer to peer cable. The address eventually showed up when I reconnected to the hub. Still not sure what was going on but on. Our network issues IP adrresses to the laptop automatically with whatever is open so I don't think changing this one is an option including the mask. I did run into one question though. All of my old addresses I had used show up in RSlinx icons and "X"ed out which makes sense. Can I delete these and how. I don't want them to show.