Siemens PLC needed help!! thank

ejida

Thank for reading .

i am currently joining a manufacture and join the electrical department . and i now having problem learning the siemens PLCs , step 5 and step 7 .
Is there any begining tutorial on step 5 and step 7 available ??
Where can i get the program simatic manager program ??
can i know what is the program for step 5?

thank you .^^

ejida said:
Where can i get the program simatic manager program ??
Try your local Siemens Rep. The software is propierarty from Siemens.

ejida said:
can i know what is the program for step 5?
The program to program S5 PLCs is called Step5. This too is Siemens proprierarty software. There are alternatives around, such as IBH-Softecs Step5 for Windows, which is a lot cheaper. Search this site and I'm sure you'll find a link.

ejida said:
thank you .^^
You're welcome. It's nice to see someone who doesn't forget to thank for the help, how small it might be. It's even nicer to see someone thanking before even being helped at all.

Kind regards,

Thank for reply my massage , today as i understand from my supervisor the step 5 and simatic manager program are the siemens properties and unless the installed computer, other computer have no right to copy the same program and use it.

anyway thank you all for the information .i will go through it .

Heelo ejida;

You can install the Step 7 software in demo mode, without a licence.
From the Siemens "Working with Step 7" manual:
Step7_demo.jpg

The following link will take you to a webpage that groups documents from Siemens, covering many requirements.
http://www.siemenslinks.com/
Follow the Links to S7 Manuals/FAQs for starters; there is also another one on Training materials that can be very precious for someone in your position.

Hope this helps, and best of luck,
Daniel Chartier