communication between Foxboro IA series and SLC503

alielectrical

I have a requirement to get the digital I/Os to communicate to SLC5/03.
Presently the signals are available on IA Foxboro system.
I can do hardware interface but client prefers network communication to take care of all future signals.

regards,
ali

Does your I/A system have any of the newer 200 series FBM's (Field Bus Modules) ?
Are you using CP60's or higher?

If so, about the only communication protocol that both systems can handle is Modbus. You will need to add a Prosoft modbus module to the 5/03 and a FBM224 to the I/A system. The FBM224 uses RS-422, but there is supposed to be a Modbus TCP module available soon, check with your I/A rep, it may already be out.

If you I/A system doesn't have any of the new I/O, then you will need to obtain a Modbus Integrator or gateway on the secondary market. I believe these are no longer available from Foxboro.

You can choose a Prosoft card here: LINK