Upload programe from plc S7 314C-2DP to Laptop

Chandrashekar

Dear Sir.

How I Can Upload the program from PLC 314C-2DP to laptop. It is installed with Simatic Step 7 V 5.3 Software and built in serial port and I have communication cable Siemens MPI/DP

Please tell me in details

Thanks in advance

Hello Chandrashekar;

The programming port of the S7 CPUs is RS-485 connection, with MPI protocol.

You need an interface to connect your PC to the processor, and you cannot use a commercial RS-232 to RS-485 converter.

here are a few suggestions:

-PC-adapter (6ES7972-0CB20-0XA0); this one comes with USB connection, very fast and reliable; the least expensive option

-CP5512, a MPI/Profibus PCMCIA interface; more expensive, but much faster than the PC-adapter; with this interface you can use your MPI cable

-CP5611, a PCI MPI/Profibus interface (sorry, you are talking about a laptop, so this card is not for you).

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Dear danial
I can view the program of the plc 314c-2dp,But I don't know how to uplaod the programe to my laptop, I want keep backup of the programe in floppy because of that i want upload the program to my laptop
Please tell me in details proceduer of uploading

Thanks

create new project in Simatic Manager, then click PLC-->upload station to PG, click View, choose your PLC from the list and the uploading proccess is started then

Thanks Mr, givevik. I want to make sure
in new project menu
i have to press "next" then select the plc type and press the "finish"
click the plc and select "upload station to pg "
click view than need to update or not
than press "ok"
this procedure is ok or not

you should use File-->new instead of file-->new project wizard, so you will create empty project (so there will not be plc choice menu).

other points are right.

i'm not sure if by 'data block' you really mean data block, in that case, if you upload datablocks only, you will have just some info stored in the datablocks, but you will not have the program itsel.

so i would suggest to upload the whole project.

jmo

Chandrashekar said:
just the data block program is enough for backup copy or need full project program copy for future use ?

please suggest me

Where is the original project ? - the one that was created on the programmer and downloaded to the plc. This project should be your starting point.

L D[AR2,P#0.0],

i think he has not original project, probably he have the plc provided as a part of the machine by another company, and so he just want to back up the project, so he will sleep better... and will not have such a big problem like trying to get a copy of the project from the developer in case of any problems with plc...

jmo