GEFanuc 90-30and RSview32

Thanks for your answers,

I decided to use Kepware and in my installation I have drivers GESNP and GESNPX. None of them I can get working so do you know which one do I need. I’m using SNP to RS232 adapter for connecting to PLC when programming in Versapro or Cimplicity and that’s working fine.

Thanks.

As said before KEPWare.
What kind of GE 9030 processor 311,331??
Do you have a CMM module in the GE rack?

I just did a view to 9030 project but with a CMM321 comm module and using GE Ethernet and at first it didn't wotk. The firmware in my 331 was prior to 6.5 I bought a firmware chip from GE (this is a hardware firmware upgrade) to upgrade the firmware to 8.4 and it worked throught KEP like a champ.

Give me some specifics and i might can save you some headaches.

Punder is correct. Unless RSView32 has a native GE driver (which last I looked it did not, but I could be wrong) then you will need an open GE-Fanuc driver that complies with the OPC standard.

This is a software tool that knows how to extract data across your network, from the PLC and serve it up to any application that is an OPC client. OPC is written as an open industry standard, so any server that complies should be able to connect data to any client that complies, regardless of the supplier.

In this case what Punder has suggested is that you purchase the correct GE OPC driver from Kepware and you will have little trouble getting RSView32 to connect as the client. In fact I would normally choose an OPC driver for RSView32 over any of it's "native drivers" even when talking to AB PLC's; it's OPC implementation has been around for years and is very fast and solid.

Thanks for your answer guys,

I've noticed that my kepware is two hour demo and I switched to iFix3.5 because I have it at work. Now connection is working OK but it seams that I can’t address outputs directly, memory bits and analog inputs yes. Is that normal?

I don’t have cmm module and my CPU is 311 series. How to check firmware version Punder30?

Thanks

Sorry for taking so long to reply been out of town a lot plus the holidays but hopefully you have already found your answer. On a GE 9030 CPU 311, to check firmware, remove the processor, pull front bottom cap off, tilt and look inside to the first chip you see. On top should be a label stating the firmware. i.e. 3.5, 6.5, 8.4, etc.
Hope that helps.