Set Max Number of S7 and MPI connections on PLC

Rusty_K

Hello,

Wondering if anyone here remembers how to set the maximum number of S7 & MPI connections allowed for a PLC. I feel like it should be in the Hardware config of either the CPU or the CP Card but I can't seem to find it. I've fully done this before so I know it exists somewhere, I just cant remember where exactly....very frustrating!!!

Thank you kindly for your help

Cheers!

R.K.

do you mean reserved connection resourses(in connection tab of the pls'c properties) or something else?

No, I believe it sets the maximum number of concurrent S7 connections to the PLC...From memory, I believe the default value is 8.

Last edited:
You cannot set the maximum number of connections. This is a fixed property of each CPU or CP.
What you can do is to reserve connection types.
I.e. There are maybe max 8 connections available in all. By setting OP connections to 3, you reserve 3 out of 8 for this purpose for example.
However, it is possible to attach 4 OPs if there is an additional connection available apart from the 3 reserved.