Slightly off topic

Joe Loescher

Does anyone know of a solid state device that will turn a 24 vdc signal to a one shot pulse of approximately 5ms?
I am using this signal to reset a high speed counter, but it varies with line speed and the card doesn't start counting again until the signal is removed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Joe

I have used a Banner One Shot amp quite some time ago, do not remember the part no (may be _ _ _ 402). You may browse their site to get the details.

Good Luck
_________

Joe Loescher said:
Does anyone know of a solid state device that will turn a 24 vdc signal to a one shot pulse of approximately 5ms?
I am using this signal to reset a high speed counter, but it varies with line speed and the card doesn't start counting again until the signal is removed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Joe

Sounds like something AB's PICO or Siemens LOGO should be able to do.
Receive an input and use a timer to pulse an output

Ian

Check Newark Electronics. They have dozens of different models that may suit your needs. There are a number of configurable timing relays on the market as well that will meet your needs, configure it to switch on instantly and switch off after a set time. Try IDEC, Omron, Magnecraft brands for starters.

Thanks guys,

I've looked into Omron and Idec but could only find mechanical timers. I need solid state because we run 24/7 and this is fired about 50,000 times a day. The pico may work if it has solid state outputs. I'll look into it in the morning.

Joe

It might be possable to get a .005 one shot from a DL06 using the high speed pulse outputs in Mode 30. Mode 30 is a 7khz stepper outout. So just step by 1 pulse. Never tried it, just a suggestion.