Need

Hi Ron.
Do you know that you can delete a post, including the first one in a thread, thereby removing the thread ?
The window for doing this is 1 hour since the post was created.

:)

No joke

I just plain screwed up, thought it was my forum. My apologizes Phil.

I am attempting to put together an SLC "trainer" system from donated parts. I have several cpus, input, and output modules but I need a rack and power supply. What I was attempting to do is barter or trade things I have for what I need...did not come out right.

I plan on using this "trainer" to make videos or graphical representations of different scenarios that are requested here and place them on my site to assist people.

Last edited:
I do not have an analog sonic sensor, threw something at me I have no clue about. I need a rack for a 5/0x

I really did not mean to post this here. I get to working on things in my shop and catch myself trying to multitask. I have 3 working plcs that I can use now but got to thinking about a planned project and guess I got a little impatient.

Started a new inventory to determine exactly what I do have, keep finding things every other day or so. I hope to have everything orgranized and tested (the ones I can test) some time tomorrow.

One of the sad things is I have hardware keys and adapters that I have forgotten what they were for. A quick example for the GE guys, what is HE693XTADP used for? Another for the AB guys, I have an 8 pin mini (male) to 9 pin (female). I think it is for use with PLC 5/40, 60, or 80 but not sure.

I made a video of the code of an AB SLC with flashing (alternating) output.
http://www.patchn.com/ab_plc_flasher.htm
May have to right click and hit play to see it in action, I need to change it to repeat.

Another thing I have been thinking about is something along the lines of a swap meet page i.e. a place you can list items you can trade and what you will trade for. Let me see if I can explain my idea, you have a rack and need the sensor, I need the rack but do not have a sensor BUT Joe has the sensor and does not need a rack but could use XXXX that I have.

Anyone understand what I just said? Do you think it would be worthwhile to try and implement? I know many here have a "personal stash" at home but sometimes there are items they have problems obtaining.

The issue with trading is that everyone wants their item (to be paid for per se) first but there has to be some way to provide some method of escrow or intermediary to make sure everyone gets what they trade for. I will have to work on that part. Actually have an idea in my head that would require double shipping charges to send to an intermediary and the intermediary ships to parties when all the items are received or back to original owner if necessary. This would just be another form of insurance.

Phil, if I am out of line in any fashion please let me know.

Last edited:
I succesfully traded a PLC5/20 for a PV1000. Also have a medar weld controller card but not sure if it works. I love dumpster diving.(y)
I'll look when I get home and see what extras are connected to the rack.

9 pin D shell to 8 pin round mini is for connection to DH+ port on PLC5 etc.. unless your talking about another connnector.