Indramat Ecodrive Explicit Message to Micrologix1500

jeepslug

Hello,

I am trying to write cam switch data to an Indramat Ecodrive using Explicit Messaging from a Micrologix 1500. We had this same application working fine with a 5/04 processor using the M0 & M1 files, but the message instructions in the Micro error whenever we try and write. The read is working fine.

Also, when writing to the same parameter we read successfully it looks like it needs some extra header data like which or how many cam switches we are writing to.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Pete

Hi Pete,

Do you have any online resources with information about the Ecodrive's DeviceNet interface ? I spent a frustrating hour iterating my way around the Bosch/Rexroth website without finding user manuals or any DeviceNet information about the Ecodrive interface. In fact, I couldn't find a section that included Manuals at all, so maybe I'm just not thinking German enough.

We can catch the DeviceNet message data in action, but we need to know what format and data the Ecodrive is expecting to know if we're sending the correct data.

I did find that page, where they request a username and password in German. When I apply for one, they let me know they'll get back to me sometime maybe tomorrow.

I spent a few hours with the Google cache and never found a document that's specific to the DeviceNet interface.