Panelview

Does anyone know the difference between an RS 232(DH 485) port and an RS 232(DF 1) port.

As mentioned befor I am having trouble connecting my Panelview 550 to a 1761-NET-AIC.

The panelview model I have is the 2711-k5ak, rs 232(dh 485) port.

Does the DH 485 designation mean that it is running DH 485 protocol. If so, why does the cable plug into the 8 pin mini serial port on the AIC.

I have been reading other posts concerning the Panelview 550 and I think I am going to try and change the firmware so the port operates with the DF1 protocol.

I just don't want to do this if I don't have to. This configuration of the comm port is confusing me...Why have a RS 232 port configured for DH 485....how would that connect to a 1761-NET-AIC?

I think you need cable 2706-NC13

The RS-232 (DH485) allows you to:

* connect to RS232 ports
* connect to a SLC, Micro or CLX controller point to point
* connect to a micrologix controller through the AIC+ module
* connect to a computer
* connect to a DH-485 link

the RS-232 (DF1) port PanelView allows you to:

connect to compatible controllers
• connect to RS-232 terminal ports
• connect to a controller (point-to-point)
• use a modem
• connect to a DeviceNet or EtherNet/IP network

Read this also: http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1761-um004_-en-p.pdf

$

Last edited: