iFix pushbutton object

sheppawc

Hello, I am trying to toggle ON & OFF an input bit using iFix v2.20 connected to an SLC500 PLC. I do have a valid connection to RSLinx using the DDE driver. To verify a good communications link I have created a digital input block in iFix and linked it to a rectangle object in my picture. The rectangle object changes color when I force the input bit ON & OFF, so I know that the PLC is communicating with iFix. The problem is that I am unable to turn the input bit ON & OFF by using the pushbutton object in iFix. Can some one please give me a step-by-step procedure on how to code a pushbutton and what digital output block parameters to use. Thank you

I don't think you can directly access input or outputs in Ifix. You deffinately can't turn on an input because it is a physical device. Try using IFIX to toggel the state of a bit eg b3:0/0

then use b3:0/0 to turn on an output or just watch it change state.

Remember that what you see in rslogix 500 as far as inputs is a representation (image table) of the state of the real device. Turning an input on wont do anything since the software will turn it back off immediately to reflect the real world state of the input.

It's late, hope that makes sense.

Marc

Thanks Marc, I remmembered, after I sent the post that it isn't possible to toggel input & output bits directly. I did exactly what you said and it works great! Thanks for you help and have a nice day.