Profibus to Ethernet

maher731

I want to read data from S7-300 rack via ethernet to citect scada and I cant add ethernet CP because its a full rack ,I only have profibus and MPI.
Anybody can help?

Hello Maher;

You cannot add a Profibus card to the PC, to connect to Citect through DP?
If you use a Profibus to TCP/IP gateway, you will habve to meke sure that gateway has a protocol that Citect is able to decipher; that could be even more complex.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Hello Maher.

There are 3rd party suppliers of Ethernet/MPI adapters. Deltalogic, MHJ, IBH have them.
They also have the necessary OPC servers.

However, a CP5611 card + Simatic Softnet PB S7 in the Citect PC, is probably the easiest solution.
Please be aware that if you want to go via MPI, and the Citect PC is not in the same control room as the S7 PLC, you will need a repeater.

Dear Daniel
Thank you for reply
The problem that I dont have scada PC there ,its far away and the only thing i have there is ethernet to fiber optic switch