True RS 232 or TTL com port

I have a micrologix 1500 LRP, I am connecting channel 1 to a bar code reader but I need to know if the com port is true RS 232 or TTL....I am pretty sure this referenceing the voltage level on one of the pins but not exactly sure.

Does anyone know?

Thanx

AB says it's the voltage levels are between 8V and 14V. From what I read there is no definition of what the voltage levels should be in the original RS232, I think the common was/is 12V.

TTL is 5V I think.

So True RS232 it is....

Similar Topics

Software Ver. 22.00.00, After the 1st time of being true the EQL. instruction is still allowing the rung to be true even though the inputs are...
Replies
Views
Have a noob question regarding OTL/OTU bits. Can someone look at the attached photo and tell me why both the OTL/OTU bits are true? Then they both...
Replies
Views
Hello. I have struggled all my Saturday with this one issue, and it is clear that only someone far more knowledgeable than me on CoDeSys can...
Replies
Views
Has anyone ever successfully used one of the fleaBay laptops with what would appear to be thousands of dollars of software e.g...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm just starting out in the plc world. For school we had some introduction into codesys v3.5, basically we get given visualizations and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom