Symax module addressing

recabite

Greetings all.
At my work we use symax 400 to control 2 pieces of equipment and we have a spare cpu and cards which I have put these all together and can view the CPU with plc software. The problem i have is addressing or even seeing the cards in the CPU. The CPU is a model 400 and the cards are a 32 input 24vdv RIM 331, a 32 output 24vdc ROM 441 and a high speed counter card RIM 131. Can anyone tell me what addressing i will need and do i need to put supply to cards befor the will be seen in rack addressing PLS HELP [email protected] cards are in order of Rim slot2 rom slot 3 and hsc slot 4

Last edited:
Although not required, each slot should be assigned at least as many registers as each card uses.

In your case you could use:
slot 1 beginning ---- ending ----
slot 2 beginning 1001 ending 1002
slot 3 beginning 1003 ending 1004
slot 4 beginning 1005 ending 1020

I suggest you go to www.squared.com and get a copy of the 8010SFW374 software programming guide.