Allen Bradley SLC500 Real Time Clock Application

Andy S

I need the ability to record the days part count from a conveyor line (controlled by an SLC500) and display the data on a PV1200 HMI. I intend to show the last 28 days of data on the HMI. For each new day that occurs then the oldest day drops off the list.

I assume that I will need to use the real time clock within the PLC to be able to achieve this along with some kind of "shift register" capable of storing/displaying up to 28 days of data?

Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance for your help.

You can use the slc, clock as you suggest for this. The slc doesnt do daylight saving though, nor does the pv1200.

Depends on the processor you have and the amount of data you want to store.

ie One N register every day ? or 10 N registers ?

Check up on Indexed addressing in the help file.

i use this kind of thing for reporting alarm counts from previous shifts and pallet output history. I generally move the data on in 2 second increments from a set time, i.e. at 12hours and 00 mins and 00 secs i will move my oldest data i.e. 12 days data move position 11 to 12, at 02 sec move 10 to 11, at 04 secs move 9 to 10 and so on. there are other ways to do this but i find this works best for me and my application.

Hi:

Use slc clock as trigger then set a FIFO load and FIFO unload with 28 positions so the info inside the FIFO only contains tha last 28 days.

For instance, if you want to store your info at 7:30 am, you set a rung to be true at that time and load the FIFO with the info youe need after 28 day tha info you insert for the first day will be discarded and only the info of the last 28 days remain.

william