Controlnet Networx with acd file

irfan22in

Hi ,

I am using RS Logix v13.
I have 4 controlnet nodes.
As per the manual I should be able to attach controlnet Netwrox file while confguring a controlnet module RSLogix 5000 project.
I am using 1756 CNBRs.I cant not see the brwose menu or RSNetworkx open tab while configuring CNBR in RSLogix 5000 Project.
Am i missing anything in configuration?

This is where the RSNetworx tab should appear when your right-click on a 1756-CNB(R) in the I/O tree of RSLogix 5000:

CNet_Tab.GIF

Hi ken ,

This RSNetworx tab is missing when i configure CNBR module in RSLogix 5000 project.
I will attach CNBR configuration window in my next post.I dont have that file right now.

be sure to use the correct revision of the CNB module in your RSLogix5000 file. If you are at a recent enough version (not sure what that number is), then this tab will appear.

HI,

This is how CNBR configuration screen appears in RSLogix5000.
Rsnetorx tab is missing .
CNBR revision is 5.1

Last edited:
That screen capture just doesn't look right. In the version on my PC (v13.04) where it shows the RPI min is greyed out with a "0" in it (can't tell if yours is greyed out) and to the right it shows ms but does NOT show the 2.0 - 750.

So, the question then is, what exact version of RSLogix are you using? Click on Help and About. Like I mentioned, mine is v13.04.

Also, can you show a screenshot of the "General" tab and maybe a screenshoot from the Controller Organizer where it shows your I/O Configuration?

OG

Looks like Ken's screenshot is from CNB in the local chassis
irfan22in's screen shot looks like is for CNB in remote chassis
But grayed out RPI makes no sence as well
Here is my ver 13 screenshot

CNB.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Take a look at the 2 following screenshots:
RsNetwks_NO.jpg

RsNetwkx.jpg

These were taken on 2 computers, the first had no RSNetworx software installed, the second one had. Just a thought.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Daniel

This is not a case: my screenshot from PC without RSnetworx installed ( this home PC never had it) and I see RSnetworx tab in ver 13.04

The bottom module on your screenshot is in the Local chassis, the top one is in Remote and not supposesd to have it

This tab comes up only in ver 12 or higher.

Are you sure that your project is in ver 13?
You may have v13 installed along with 10 or 11, so project may be not in ver 13
Take a look at controller properties general tab

Hi,

Control_conn you are right.
my program is in version 11 .Version 12 supports the
Netwrx file atachemnt withprgram.My ealier picture CNBR is not a remote node.It is in local

Hi,

Control_conn you are right.
my program is in version 11 .Version 12 supports the
Networx file attachment with program.My ealier picture CNBR is not a remote node.It is in local