Siemens TP270 and Compact Flash

DavidD

New to this particular forum, but looks like lots of good information. On to the question...

I can't seem to get a straight answer on this. Do the Siemens TP 270's use a proprietary CF or can I just put in a standard CF such as SanDisk or any that can be had from Staples or BestBuy? The Siemens rep wants to sell me one, the OEM wants to sell me the Siemens CF, but all the documents I can find state that it is a "standard CF". Does it need a "special" formating?

We've got a new install going and the Process Analyst is wanting this yesterday, so I need to order something...but what.

Thanks

I successfully use the SanDisk brand of compact flash disks. I have used from 8 MB to 256 MB without problems. I do not do any "special" formating. I store the password and recipe files to the CF disk.

SanDisk will work fine. I have used many CF cards from different mfgs and sizes and all have worked fine with the Siemens panels.