Proworx nxt problem

how do i check that?we have been running windows xp for about a year this is the first problem we have had, it just started on saturday 12-2-2006 we are using proworx nxt not proworx

Last edited:
I use proworx nxt on XP and don't use Win98 mode, never had any problems. Maybe it depends on the rev you are using.

it had been running fine on xp for a year.does anyone actually know anything about this or came across this problem?

mrjoseph said:
how do i check that?we have been running windows xp for about a year this is the first problem we have had, it just started on saturday 12-2-2006 we are using proworx nxt not proworx

Right click on the short cut for Proworx (either in your Start menu or desktop or both) . Select properties. Click on the compatibility tab, put a check mark in the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" box and select either Win95 or Win98 from the drop down window. Click OK. This will run the program in 16 bit compatibilty mode when it is launched using the shortcut for which you set the compatibility properties.

There are two versions of Prowox. Proworx NXT and Proworx32. Proworx NXT is the older 16 bit version of the program and it was not designed for a 32 bit OS nor to execute on a processor in protected mode, the mode the processor must use to run XP. A General Protection fault usually means that your program attemped to do something that the OS doesn't allow it to do. Depending on your system configuration Proworx NXT can be tempermental in Win2K and WinXP. Setting the compatability mode may not solve your problem, but its the first place I would start. Have you installed any new software, including any WinXP updates or IE7?

Also check and see if Proworx will work OK with another program. It could be a problem with the file.

I still use ProworxNXT as well. I have heard stories about Prowrox32 being buggy, but I understand that much of that was fixed with version 2.0.

Last edited:
mrjoseph said:
i tried this it still gives me an error & boots me out, any other ideas?

I would assume that the executable or DLL responsible for that part of the program has gotten corrupted/damaged; Un-install and then re-installing should fix it.

Before doing this, install Proworx on another computer and move the software activation to it. Proworx links the activation and a code generated by the activation routine to each other. If you re-install then a new code will be created. After you reinstall it you can move the activation back to your computer. Make sure you have administrative rights in the root directory otherwise you risk loosing your activation.
Don't ask how I know this.

it works on 2 other computers 1 with xp & the other with win 98, it was working until last saturday 12-2-2006, i have uninstalled & reinsatlled several times

jstolaruk said:
I would assume that the executable or DLL responsible for that part of the program has gotten corrupted/damaged; Un-install and then re-installing should fix it.
i have uninstalled & reinstalled several times

mrjoseph said:
it works on 2 other computers 1 with xp & the other with win 98, it was working until last saturday 12-2-2006, i have uninstalled & reinsatlled several times

Was there any new software installed just before last Saturday. Something has changed to create this problem.

How is your virus and spyware protection?

Does this happen with every project? Have you tried creating a new project and going into the documentation editor there? I've seen less than robust error handling from ProWorx Nxt in the past, so perhaps you have a corrupted project documentation file.

kenschunk said:
Does this happen with every project? Have you tried creating a new project and going into the documentation editor there? I've seen less than robust error handling from ProWorx Nxt in the past, so perhaps you have a corrupted project documentation file.

i have tried it on 2 other computers no problem,it does it with all databases on this 1 computer