Help finding a video switch?

sthays10

Hi all,

I am hoping that someone can suggest a product that will solve my video switching needs. Here is my setup: I have 2 cameras (Watecs, with BNC connectors) viewing 2 seperate processes. Only one process can be active at any given time, so I only need 1 video feed at a time. Each of these cameras has a directed light ring for a light source. Both light rings are controlled by a single pot (I am out of real estate on my operator panel). I have a software interface that switches between the processes. Right now, i have both video feeds going directly into my monitor, and to switch cameras, I have to go into the monitor settings, and it is generally a pain. I want to be able to feed both video feeds into a video switcher, and have that switcher controlled by an output from a PLC (run through a relay, if necessary). that same output will also run a relay that will switch the light rings.

I have found plenty of video switchers that are controlled by toggle switches, and I can use one of those as a last resort, but I would much rather use one that can be conrolled by a 120V or 24VDC signal. Any one have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Steve

If it is base band video, you can construct a relay box with BNC connectors. using a plastic box you will need 2 pole relays one pole for the shield and one pole for the video signal. Be sure that you use copper coax, not alum. I would go with the 24V option.

video splitter

We use a number of splitters. Google "quad splitter". You can have 4 inputs split on one screen or select one camera. If you wish you can also cycle between cameras to one screen. Some of our operators have to monitor 16 cameras. Four 20" monitors fits in a control room better than 16 14" monitors.....:)