PC Memory overflow

Gope_69

Hi all,

I am communicating SIEMENS 2 S7-400 PLC's (414 CPU) with wonderware intouch program. When alarm messsages are made active, it gets hangs up after certain memory level.

Even I have modified memory allocation in SIEMENS PC840. It works for 20 days and again problem comes.

Does anybody knows solution for this problem..

Regards,

Gopi.
[email protected]

Dear Gope,

I am also facing almost similar problem...I have 2No. S7-400 plcs one for each application and 2No.PC stations one for each application both use intouch v9.0...the problem i face is sometimes an alarm comes as "PLC fault" and Intouch hangs up...I mean communication losts between PC station and PLC..but at the same time I can go on-line to PLC by simatic manager...What I am doing is just close the intouch application and open it...I don't know how to attack this problem..the network is profibus DP and simaticnet opc is used.

PC Memory Overflow Problem

I guess you are using Windows XP Pro. I understand there is still
a "memory leak" problem with XP. For this reason I have continued to use Win 2000 Pro for all real time applications.

Unfortunately I have had no direct experience with Wonderware.

By the way I am planning to return to Pondicherry in Tamil Nadu
in January to do a major software upgrade on a system with 2
S7-400 PLC's with 2 Citect SCADA PC's. I installed the system
about 3 years ago but the user has significantly changed his
product in the meantime.

Dear John,

I am using Win2000 professional for my real time application. But still I face the problem. And by the by I am from Hosur, Tamilnadu.

I am from Second largest Automobile factory in India. (ASHOKLEYLAND).

Gope.

Hello Gope_69,
As I mentioned, I have no direct experience with Wonderware.
I use Citect SCADA and Win 2000 Pro and have no problems with
pc's running for many months without any restart. I guess the
problem is with Wonderware.

I have noticed many Ashokleyland trucks on the roads of India
although not as many as Tata. I guess Tata is the largest factory.

My Siemens S7 systems in India are all in the glass industry
in factories near Delhi, Kolkata and Pondicherry.

I am interested in contacting the manufacturer of Massey Ferguson
tractors in India. I understand the company is T.A.F.E. and the
factory may be near *******. I want to buy some parts for a very
early tractor that used a particular engine that seems to have remained in use in India until relatively recently.

Regards...........John Gaunt

I think you should look for first what causing the hang up. Try to find out if your having cpu overload or low memory when events from your scada happens.