S7-314C built in counter

Johnny T

Hi,

I've got an application that requires a sensor to detect product moving quite fast down a production line. I need two high speed inputs and wondered if the S7-314C built in counters could be used as high speed inputs for this purpose??

Basically I need to detect the product and then track it through to a rejector. So I need a high speed input for the sensor and also a high speed counter to count the encoder so that I can track the product through a FIFO until it gets to the rejector.

Does anyone know how to access the high speed counter on a 314C? Is it something that needs setting up in the hardware config? Or is it just a case of wiring the sensor and encoder into certain inputs?

Basically any information anyone has of configuring this would be appreciated? Anyone utilised one of these before?

Many thanks

JT ;-)

The 314C has 4 x 60 Khz Frequency Measurement Inputs

See the Technological Manual here starting page 171 (Chapter 5)

Last edited:
And yes i believe you do need to set the counter up in HW Config.

Its under the 314C > COUNT like this

HWConfig.jpg