Am I correct in this concept of networking??

drspanda

Hi,
I have three S7-300 PLC's and one PC (with CP5611)...I have a multiproject (Main PLC(node2), PLC1(node3) and PLC2(node4)) already made....In that project all are connected in MPI configuration...How to use that project? how to network?? I like to share my concept and am always welcome with suggestions...
1.Using a laptop having siemens simatic step7 installed...using MPI adapter I will download the Main PLC project into it and assign MPI address 2.
2.then download the PLC1 project into second PLC CPU and assign MPI address 3.
3.then download the PLC2 project into third PLC CPU and assign MPI address 4.
4.Network all 4 devices (3PLC+PC) with profibus cable with starting and ending terminations on.
5.start simatic manager in PC and check for available nodes..to find nodes 2,3 and 4 (I suppose).

JesperMP said:
Hi drspanda

All 5 steps sound OK.
Hi Jesper,
Thank you very much.,I want to present my understanding once again.,
Connect laptop to plc (after removing all network connections)Search for available nodes...for example it displays node 3..and I want to change from 3 to 4..

1.open project and then open netpro and select a station (in the netpro this station for example has node address 4)
2.Click download toolbar.
3.Then system should ask for the node to which downloading should take place...i shall select node 3.
4.after downloading cpu will stop and start and finally in run position.
5.check for available nodes and you will find node 4....done!!

I want whether steps mentioned above are correct or not?? Did I miss any steps in between??