Freezing OP270 panel

HansAndersen

OP270 panel suddenly froze during system was working.Any contol and interference was not possible.When the panel froze, the plc was running as normal.I first pull out the 24 VDC supply of the panel and then insterted it to the same place. After that the panel came to normal state.There was no evidence or info in diagnostic buffer.I am wondering what the problem was.Any idea will be kindly appreciated.

Hi Hans.

There may be an internal error in the project. These are not allways found when compiling the Protool project. These can well be the cause of the panel freezing up.

To find the internal errors:
Open the cross reference. It doesnt matter what tag you use to open the cross refence.
Then, hold CTRL pressed and RIGHT-CLICK with the mouse anywhere in the control reference window. A menu will appear - select Scan All Logerror. If there are any internal errors they will be found, and presented with red color.

To remove the internal error:
Again, hold CTRL pressed and RIGHT-CLICK with the mouse anywhere in the control reference window. This time select Repair All.

When OK, save and compile again.

There can be errors that cannot be deleted. If this is the case, you may have to recreate the project. This is easily done by copy-paste from one project to the other.
A completely different cause of the panel freezing up, can be electrical noise.

JesperMP said:
To find the internal errors:
Open the cross reference. It doesnt matter what tag you use to open the cross refence.
Then, hold CTRL pressed and RIGHT-CLICK with the mouse anywhere in the control reference window. A menu will appear - select Scan All Logerror. If there are any internal errors they will be found, and presented with red color.

A completely different cause of the panel freezing up, can be electrical noise.

Hi Jesper,

I did it as you mentioned.After scaning the tags I did not see any internal errors presented with red color.So I could not repair anything.Maybe that problem is on electrical fluctuation or noise.I will be waiting for repeating of that.I hope that does not happen again.

You could make sure that all comms cables are grounded as necessary , and well terminated .

Does it happen often ? is there any pattern in the failure - a certain screen or situation of keypushes ?

10BaseT. said:
You could make sure that all comms cables are grounded as necessary , and well terminated .

Does it happen often ? is there any pattern in the failure - a certain screen or situation of keypushes ?

No It happened just one time.There is no certain pattern seen.