Loading data between DBs in Siamtic

orense

Hello everybody!

A code question:

I want to load large amounts of data from one DB to another one.
One option is this:

L DB100.DBW0
T DB200.DBW0

L DB100.DBW2
T DB200.DBW2

Now I have loaded two datawords from db100 to db200.
But what if I want to load 200 datawords instead of only two...

Anybody now of a function which can load more than one word each time?????

suggestions would be appreciated :geek:

regards Andreas

Hei Andreas.

In the Standard Library under S5-S7 Converting Blocks, you will find FC94 and FC95. These can be used to copy large amounts of data from one DB to another.

Hei Jesper!

Aren't these blocks only used for S5 programs. To convert S5 programs to S7 programs. Will I be able to use them in a cpu315-2DP...???????

Takk fra Andreas

No need to worry, although the blocks were originally written to help move between platforms, they also provide functionality which was not originally available in the 300/400 series. They will all run quite happily on your 315-2 DP (and most, probably all, other 300 and 400 CPUs as well).