GX Developer 8 Software Problem

Tofty

I am having trouble with GX Developer-FX Version 8.32J
After unistalling gx developer 6.1. I installed version 8 with no apparent problems.

When I am in monitor/write mode, and have made a change then convert/upload that change the program crashes and i loose any unsaved information.
The error i get is "The memory could not be read"

Also when starting the program some times it comes up with a Shared memory error.
I am trying to program an FX3U

Thanks for any help

Pictures of the errors are below

David

try to disable all your startup applications by running the msconfig.exe in the Start->Run tab of your windows system.

Hi hvdz890 thanks for the sugestion.

I tried disabling all of the start up programs, restarted windows but the problem still exists.

When i program with version 6 it's fine.

After the program crashes, when i restart GX I get a "can not allocate share memory" error box appear.

try this, wait 5 minutes after you restart windows, then load gx-developer, I know it sounds odd, but since mitsubishi does not give any other solutions to this bug, (there is a Q&A section in the Operating Manual(Startup) on the installation CD, or you can download this manual from www.meau.com) it does not hurt. The last thing I can think of os check your hardware, gx-developer 8 needs considerable CPU speed and RAM volume (my laptop is Dell ispiron 600M c/w 1.4Ghz 512M RAM and I had this error before)

Hi hvdz890

I have been speaking to people a mitsi about this problem they think it has something to do with the cut down version of gx developer. They are sending me the full version.

On the CD there was a German language version, when i installed that it worked fine, definatley a software bug in the English version.

Thanks for your help

Hi,

I think i've had that problem once when using the full GX-Developer (version 7 i think). The only advice i got from Mitsubishi was to uninstall GX-Developer, restart the manchine, then reinstall again.

Tried their advice, which corrected the problem and i've had no problems since. Probably a good idea to upgrade to GX-Developer. I think the most recent is Version 8.24

Hope this helps

Martin