New to PLCs

satossa

I have just purchased an Omron ZEN PLC (10C1AR-A-V1). I have NO ladder diagram programming experience, and find the terminology foreign. All I want the PLC to do is to switch Q0 on and off to the following criteria:

On the RUN command:
1. ON for two minutes
2. OFF for one minute
3. Repeat four times
4. Wait eight minutes
5. Go back to 1.

Can anyone send me the ladder diagram for this? I have been playing with the ZEN for a couple of hours and I'm pretty sure I can get it (the diagram) into the unit. My problem is that I don't know what the diagram should look like.

Season's greetings to all and thanks in advance for any responses.

Try and visualize the schematic. You close a switch, it turns on a coil. You have a N/C contact of a relay in series so if the relay is on, the coil cannot close.

If you got the ZEN starter kit, the software and manual has some sample code.