Need Suggestions about Plc project

JoBlack

Hi!!

My name is George and i would like to introduce myself as a student of the T.E.I. Chalkidos technological institute of robotics and automations in Greece, who has recently discovered this site and the spring of knowledge which provides through its forums and your ideas.

As a graduand of my institute i am supposed to choose and develop a PLC project. As a result i would like to hear your ideas and suggestion concerning a PLC project (which has to be half theoretical and half practical) that i could develop and present to my professors.

project example: Programming a Plc controlled automatic paint system that will be able to detect the incoming metal unit and procced with the activation of the spray. Many variables can be inserted to the system: (different size of incoming metal units, estimation of the best and fastest spray method according to the unit etc.)

However i would be grateful if you could help me with more suggestions about different projects. if you need more info plz contact me.

Thanks a lot!

Start with this

http://www.rabbitsemiconductor.com/press/releases/2006/092106_EmbPLCAppKit.shtml

You will be doing well if you can get all the serial ports, timers, and Ethernet going at the same time ( Multitasking ). With this kit you will get an idea of what happens in the PLC. It looks like fun to me.

Controlling a model railroad with two or more trains so they don't run into each other would be fun.

Writing a temperature PID wouldn't be to hard.

Turning on outputs that can play a tune.

Imagine 'n' conveyor lines, three should sufficiently prove the theory, which feed onto a single line which takes the work away. Release each feeder line in turn (round robin) onto the takeaway line accounting for lines being disabled or having no work. Account also for released work from upstream lanes blocking the outputs of downstream lanes. Give certain lines priority by releasing them for longer times.

Under consideration..

Thanks a lot Peter and Doug!! You have been very helpful and i will consider your proposals..

i will be waiting a bit for more posts untill i decide what would be the subject of my project.

Thanks again

Hi Joblack,

This Is A Very Simple Suggestion, Hoping It Would Contribute To Your Imagination. How About Having A Main Conveyor With Products Of Different Weight Or Sizes Moving, Then They Are Classified According To Their Size Or Weight At The End By Pushing Them To Their Designated Conveyor. In Other Words You Have A Product Classification Symtem.

OR Search For A Manual Of Different Types Of Plc, There You Can GET Some Idea On Their Sample Problem.

Last edited: