Message Instruction Assistance

kbradray

I am currently trying to use a message instruction between 2 SLC 5’s over Ethernet to read an integer value from another local processor. I continue to get the error message “unable to expand data table” I am using a data tables which I am sure are not being used elsewhere in the program. Here is what I have done so far.

Created a new rung with the message instruction and a bit to toggle it on and off.

Gave the control block instruction an integer file location which is not used elsewhere

Created an integer file for data storage.

Set the channel to 1 (Ethernet)

Set the IP address of the other processor

Can anyone give me guidance or a step-by-step process?

Your control block length for ethernet is 51 words, not 14 that's used for non-ethernet.
Do you have 51 words of space? Is your processor out of memory?

Last edited:
Remember you can not change the data table size during runtime so you should upload all of you current data, go offline, modify your data file to ther correct size save it and download to the SLC. That should clear up the error message.

Marc